Saturday, September 12, 2009

No Breeder's Cup Horse This Year

Ken's and my decision not to nominate any of our horses for any Breeder's Cup races continues to be the correct decision. Back Alley Tales, our three year old, came in 5th yesterday--out of seven. And he was 9 lengths back. These were not necessarily good horses, just horses better than BAT. Being right isn't all that is its cracked up to be.

I'm also now worried about my book--which still needs a publisher. I had hoped to talk about the thrills and agonies, the highs and lows of horse ownership. While I've nailed the agonies and lows, I'm a little light on the thrills and highs. It's particularly important it ends well, I think. I'm up to 98 pages. If there is going to be a balance, the book will be at least 200 pages long. My cash flow needs require that the next 98 pages come pretty quickly. It is clear BAT isn't going to deliver. Maybe Cape Town Bay and Stay Alert will. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment