Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Thrill of Victory, the Agony of Defeat

Over the last couple of days, I've reminded myself there is nothing like watching your horse win a race. From the time the starting gate goes up, (assuming he decides to come out and go the right direction), as he makes his way down the back side, picking horses off as he comes around the top of the stretch and then down the stretch, pleading with him to keep on coming or to just hang on, when your horse crosses that finish line first, you have just experienced the best two minutes in sports. Whether it is a $10,000 claiming race or a stakes race, there is no other thrill like it in the sports world. It is why we do this.

No, Cape Town Bay did not win his race Sunday. He came in second last. It has been 11 months and seven days since we have won. Since my short term memory is not what it used to be, I'm glad I can still remember. I'm happier still that I wrote down how it feels to win--so I won't forget why we do this.

If you want to see what Winner's Circle Pictures look like, go to our website: www.equinebusiness.biz I promise I'll put the next one out there, too. It can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment