Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stay Alert--Time to Get a Win

Yikes! Stay Alert is running on Thursday, March 4. Here's hoping he is still our horse on March 5. I'm still a bit shell shocked from losing BAt; I don't think I can stand losing two horses in two weeks. We moved Stay Alert up in class, thinking he would go unnoticed. We were wrong--he is the second favorite. Can't those handicappers tell that he is a five furlong horse in a six furlong world? We horse owners are a greedy group--we want to run in cheap claiming races but we don't want our horses to be claimed--unless they aren't hitting the board, of course. Then they can't get claimed fast enough. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a horse now running in $7500 claiming races up to the allowance ranks without anybody noticing inbetween. If I could figure that out, I wouldn't have to sell my book--which will be desperate for a good ending if I lose Stay Alert tomorrow night. Did I ever mention what a tough business this was? To see the Horse Alert that went out, go to http://equinebusiness.biz/ under the News Tab. Hopefully the next post here will say we won--and still have a horse. Till then, your positive thoughts are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment